When I saw the Painted Poppies stamp set my first thought was to create some Golden “California” Poppies. One of my favorite Stampin’ Up colors is Mango Melody so this was a perfect pair to create with.
4 – border pieces from the Painted Labels dies
1 – 2″ x 5 1/4 Whisper white cardstock (it will be cut down to 5″ once you decide which end to cut after you stamp)
1 – 2″ x 5″ Basic Black cardstock
A piece of Basic Black cardstock enough to cut 4 border pieces from the Painted Poppies bundle.
1 – 4″ x 5 1/4″ Whisper White cardstock for the inside of the card. Stamp the bottom of the inside panel with a flower of your choice from the stampset.
Whisper White cardstock to stamp the flower, leaves and sentiment.
I really like the look of this cute border. I may need to die cut a lot of them out to have on hand.
- Stamparatus to stamp the multiple poppies to create a field of poppies.
- Mango Melody Stampin’ Blends to color in the poppies.
- The Mango Melody to take the background image of the poppy and stamp the flower.
- Use Mango Melody to stamp the splatter image over the sentiment text (from the Peaceful Moments sentiment set).
- You can use the Timeless Label Punch or the second label die from the Painted Poppies bundle.
- Stamp and color the two different leaf images from the Painted Poppies stamp set with Old Olive blends.
- Lightly brush Wink of Stella over each poppy, including the larger one.
- Adhere rhinestones or enamel dots of your choice. I just happened to have some black ones in my stash.
Thanks for stopping by. Don’t forget to subscribe here and on YouTube!