I have created many Christmas cards with the Poinsettia Petals and I think it really does make the perfect Christmas cards.
This card was partially CASED by Jackie Bolhuis. I loved the design of the fancy fold and placement of the sentiments but I did some changing up to her design.
- Card base is Merry Merlot 4 1/4″ x 8″, scored at 2 1/2″
- Whisper White front panel is 3″ x 3″
- Brushed Metallic Foil front panel is 3 1/4″ x 3 1/4″
- Inside foil is 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Whisper White inside panel is 3 3/4″ x 5″
You will need scrap pieces for your poinsettia, leaves and gold sprigs.
You DO NOT want to use the foil panels for your sprigs because the back panel will be written on and you don’t want to have it bumpy. The front panel is the backside when you open the card. However if you cut your 12″ x 12″ cardstock to 4″ x 6″ like I do, you will have enough scraps left over to cut your sprigs and the center of your flower.
- I embossed Whisper White cardstock with White Embossing Powder.
- Used a dauber in Merry Merlot to create these gorgeous poinsettias.
- After coloring the flowers, wipe the flower off with a dry tissue to pick up any color left on the embossing powder.
- I used one of the Greenery Embossing Folders to emboss the top flap of the card base.
- After cutting the leaves in Mossy Meadow with the embossing dies, sponge or blend them with the same ink color.
- Don’t forget to also stamp or decorate the inside of your card.
- Don’t forget you can always splatter the top panel with a little Frost Shimmer Paint (as shown in the video)
The video HERE will show you more details on how I created the card. Don’t forget to subscribe!
I will be having an online class with the Snowflake Splendor Suite. Keep an eye out under the event section. Make sure you are looking at the ONLINE class. I will be posting it shortly. I hope you will join us.
I hope you enjoyed the Poinsettia Petals card. I really think this is my favorite Christmas bundle!