I am super excited to share this project with you. I started creating this card at the beginning of Sale-a-bration. Little by little I finally got all of the pieces done for 60 cards. Yes I know that the Delicate Dahlia is retired but I know many of you have this so I thought I would share it with you.
I used three different stamp sets and four different die sets. There is a lot of detail in the card but it is so worth it in the long run. The supplies are all listed below.
Remember to add a matching image or two on the inside of your card. The first picture above also shows the envelope. I made the same design as the inside of the card. It just makes it look like a whole stationary set. These would make a fantastic gift for someone too.
Doing mass production card making is something I enjoy. If I create more details cards I always like to make multiple so it is worth all of the hard work. In the case of this card it was easy because it is one of my Christmas cards. This year I did two different cards.
There is only one die from each of the die sets. Hopefully this photo helps.
Tips and Tricks
Watching the video will be the best thing to pick up all of the tips and tricks of this card but here are a few.
- On the Forever Flourishing dies – the branches were cut with Soft Sea Foam and then grazed with a Mossy Meadow ink pad.
- When die cutting the forever Flourishing dies, add an extra piece of paper for a shim so you get an impression along with the cut. This gives the leaves more texture.
- The branches from the Harvest Dies are Basic White cardstock grazed with Early Expresso Ink. This gives more texture than just die cutting with Early Espresso cardstock.
- When you cut the wild flower from the Meadow Dies, cut double the flowers you need. Color one Old Olive and just the flower of the other with Real Red. Cut the flower and adhere it to the top of the Old Olive one. This is easier than coloring just one and adds more texture. Adding texture really makes the card.
- Once you cut the flowers (either fussy cut or my favorite…. Cut and Scan) splatter white ink on the flowers and let them dry over night. Watch the video with a helpful hint on cutting the flowers.
- Interesting fact… Only the large Dahlia and sentiment are on dimensionals, everything else is glued down.
- Don’t forget to use a punch to cut small circles out of the Be Dazzling paper (with adhesive on the back) to add to the center of the two small flowers.
Today’s Christmas Delicate Dahlia video
Thank you for stopping by. Be sure to subscribe here and on YouTube. So much more coming your way soon.
Viewable on my blog.
Additional Things to Know
November’s Host Code
November’s Bingo Registration – Available Now!
I decided to NOT do the Eden’s Garden for November’s Bingo. I don’t want anyone to worry about getting the paper because it is limited time and I want to make sure I have enough for the bingo. So after taking a poll, November’s Bingo will be another 4 great projects from the Annual Catalog.
I will post a sneak peek when I finish creating all four projects. Stay tuned!
Date: November 16, 2021
Time: 5:00 PM PST (we will start with a card so join as soon as you can for Bingo)
Prizes: There will be 4 awesome prizes (1 main winner per game) and some extra goodies with your kit. Additional winners will receive a consolation prize. Winners can only win one time.
Share the event with your friends. The more the merrier.
- The Make N Take kits will be mailed out shortly after the live event.
- On the Registration form you must choose 5 Bingo numbers, separated by a comma (1-30). (example: 1, 25, 7, 19, 3)
- Please print out your registration form you will receive in your email so that you have your numbers handy.
- Payment must be sent to confirm your spot. Send your $35 payment via Paypal @ firstname.lastname@example.org OR go to SHOP on the menu and select BINGO…. You can purchase from my blog.
- Each winner can only win one game.
- If you are a winner of a gift certificate, you will email me your order and I will invoice you the difference. Of course you can add more items to your order.
- The video will be available for you to create your projects at your convenience.
- I will time stamp each project on my YouTube video so that you can easily go back and create your kits.
HINT: Add your numbers to your phone on the date of the event so you have them. OR Screen shot them and keep them in your phone.
US Residents only for product wins (company rules).
We will have a lot of fun and I hope you will join us.
Bingo Sneak Peek
Here is a sneak peek photo of the November Bingo and the stamp sets we will use.
Whip it Up Wednesday
On Wednesdays I will be LIVE on YouTube with Whip it Up Wednesday. I will NOT be sending out a post on Thursday about the new updated projects that I did but I will post the photos to my blog so feel free to check out my blog after the video to see more details about the projects that we created. This will help from you getting so many posts from me during the week and you will only get one on Monday morning after Sunday’s video. Also, because it is “on the fly” there isn’t a lot of prep for the sizes and products so just check out the video on YouTube for the different projects.
Don’t forget to give me your idea of what you would like to see me create with. It’s fun to see what we come up with.
Holiday Catalog is available through the end of the year
The Holiday catalog will be gone before you know it. Make sure you grab what you want.
- NOW IS THE TIME!!! For only $75 get $125 in product! Choose what you would like for your kit.
- Free shipping on your starter kit!
- 20% (or more) discount on all future orders!
- You can put host dollars toward the Starter Kit!
- Be apart of some amazing Facebook pages full of inspiration and help.
Paper Pumpkin – Join Now
ABOUT THE KIT
Name Gifts Galore
- Kit contains enough supplies to create nine treat packages—three each of three designs—and nine food-safe bags.
- This all-inclusive kit includes printed die cuts, die-cut boxes, cellophane treat bags, adhesive, and more!
- Includes an exclusive stamp set and a Classic Stampin’ Spot
- Coordinating colors: Evening Evergreen, Flirty Flamingo, Old Olive, Pool Party, Poppy Parade
I am asked often about my magnetic cards and pouches. Click on this link(s) below and it will take you through my affiliate link directly to the product. They have awesome ink pad, paper, punch and ribbon holders too, among many other amazing products.