Nothing Better Than and Press On Chalked Coffee Card has several fun techniques. I think this is a great “let’s get coffee” card. Although I am not a big coffee drinker I love the Nothing Better Than and the Press On stamp set that created this fun Chalk Coffee Card. This chalk technique is so easy and fun to do.
- Card base is Cinnamon Cider 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″
- The Basic Black card base is 5 3/8″ x 4 1/8″
- Misc. pieces of Whisper White, Crumb Cake and Basic Black to stamp and fussy cut coffee pieces from.
- Use #1 and #3 of the Rectangle Stitched Dies to cut out your frame from the Plaid Tidings 6″x6″ DSP.
- Stamp the smaller line of coffee cups and the larger “to go” cup from the Press On stamp set on Whisper White, Crumb Cake and the Plaid Tidings paper of your choice.
- The Crumb Cake pieces will be the base of your coffee cup pieces.
- The Plaid Tidings will be paper pieced to add color and character to the small coffee pieces and the larger cup cover. You will color the remaining pieces with Stampin’ Blends.
- Using the Playful Alphabet Die cut out a JAVA from the Crumb Cake card stock.
- Use a baby wipe to “white wash” a piece of black cardstock. Fold a smooth piece of the baby wipe to dab into the Whisper White ink pad. Wipe the baby wipe with the ink lightly across your black cardstock. Let the paper dry.
- Cut the letters JAVA out and the words “Coffee, Chocolate, Cookies, &, More” from the Basic Black card stock with the white wash. The & is from the Playful Alphabet die set.
- OPTION: You could choose to cut the words out from the black card stock, then reinsert them into the cut spots to wipe over the words. I’ll show this on the video.
- Die cut the word “Love” from Basic Black and also from the Plaid Tidings and layer up.
- On the Whisper White stamped pieces, you just need the lids. You will fussy cut those out after you use your light Crumb Cake Blend to add a little shading to them.
- Stamp a heart out onto the Crumb Cake card stock.
- I like to take a black pen and outline the edges of the images for a bolder look.
- Take a blending brush or dauber and sponge the pieces of Crumb Cake to distress the images a little.
You can see that I used Dimensions to raise the lids on the coffee to add depth.
You can find the video HERE.
Thank you to everyone for your support since my return to Stampin’ Up. I am very proud of these four badges and appreciate you helping me along the way.
Nothing Better Than and Press On Chalked Coffee Card has several fun techniques and I hope you give these techniques a try. I would love to earn your business. Please let me know if I can help you with anything.